Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Dave!

Monday we celebrated Dave's birthday.  It wasn't much.  He wants his guitar fixed and he had some tile to do.  When I asked what he wanted for his special dinner he really didn't know.  Blake chose hot sandwiches and Leah chose honeyed green beans.  I don't think he even really likes the green beans, but for lack of him choosing that is what we went with.  We ate quickly before I took Leah up for practice and then had cake late when we got back. That I didn't even ask.  Just made him chocolate cake.  As always :)  I did finally get to wrap someone lunch tho.  I saw this on Pinterest three years ago and in all that time not one of my family has had a birthday land on a school or work day.  So finally Sunday night, Dave went to check the cows and the kids and I wrapped everything in his lunch.  I told the kids to write Happy Birthday on each one.  They took it up a notch.

Dave said he was very stealthy about opening it all, so no one at work would know.  We wrapped each orange, spoon, sandwich, yogurt, dip, everything.

From Leah, these are actually carrots.

From Cora, these are chips.  He did not smash them.

Getting things wrapped.

                                        Leah was very clever, she wrote on wrapping...

...and the banana.  Blake wrapped a bag of air.  We had a lot of fun doing it.  So Happy Birthday Dave.  Hope it was a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wrapping lunch idea. Very cute! Glad Dave had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete