Monday, June 2, 2014

Grandma and Aunts

My Grandma Southam and all my mom's sisters came up for a visit last week.  My mom had gotten a ton of pictures, I think 800 was the number I heard, from my Grandma.  These were on slides and other stuff.  She had got them all into digital form.  They then put them on the computer. The point of this visit was to put names and locations to all these pictures to help with family history work.  Cannon uploaded them to a program that he wrote.  Everyone kept commenting on how amazingly easy it was to use.  The big job was accomplished.  I went out a couple of days during the week just to hang out with them all.

I have always enjoyed just being in a room with these sisters and their mom.  A trip to Vernal was always looked forward to.  After many days travelling and sitting in front of a computer and staying up late, everyone was a little tired.  But they kindly sat for a picture anyways.

Cora and Grandma Southam have been pen pals since last September.  Cora is really enjoying the letters she gets from Grandma.  Hearing about her life now and things she did growing up is fascinating to Cora.  One day I took the kids out of school so they could spend some time with their great aunts and grandma.  Lots they had not meet.   Dave took a day off work so he could get a few things done regarding our house and them drove down to have dinner with us. Jared kindly traded days at the farm with him, so Dave could come.  There were a few he had not meet also and we are not sure when we will get to see them again.  It was wonderful to be with them and get updated on all my cousins that I haven't seen in years.  Many many years.  I was glad they were all able to come.





Apparently Leah needed a little help from Ben to read her magazine :)



1 comment:

  1. Yippee. I was hoping to read a little on the trip from that end. I haven't got my mom pined down to get the scoop. I have always been like you on the Southam Girls matter. l love to be a part of there conversation especially if I just get to sit and watch. If that is a little taste of what heaven will be like I can't wait. I also love visits whether they are hear or there.

    ReplyDelete