Monday, September 3, 2012

Zoo...finally

We finally made it to the zoo today.  We have been trying to go since March.

The kids loved it as always.  The line for the penguins was an hour long, so we decided not to go seen them. There were a few outside and we just looked at those.

The tigers are always Dave's favorite.  There was 3 baby cubs.  They must have been born a bit ago because they were bigger than I expected but still very cute.

I think the metal animals were just as fun as the live ones for the kids.  After we went to Ikea to look around.  We haven't been there for year.  Dave decided that we needed to eat there also.  It was pretty good.  Cora and I shared the fish and chips, Dave and Blake got the meatballs and french fries and Leah had the spaghetti.  When we got home we had FHE.  I was thinking that I needed to ask the kids if they wanted their before school blessings.  Before I could, Cora asked Dave if he was going to give her one.  I am so glad of the young women that she is becoming and the righteous decisions that she makes.  All the kids were happy to get their blessings and then off to bed.  Blake and Leah's school starts 10 min earlier this year and we have heard rumors that Cora's does as well.  But have not heard anything definite.  I hope we make it on time tomorrow:0

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at the zoo! Sorry you missed the penguins. Jason gave our boys blessings tonight as well. Such a nice back to school tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time at the zoo. Perfect weather, not too hot. The kids look excited to be going back to school. They are growing up so fast. I can't believe Cora is in grade 8. I can still remember when we used to put her down as a baby in the middle of the livingroom floor and all of us just watched her and commented on how cute she was. First baby in our family and we were fasinated!!! Love Grandma P.

    ReplyDelete