Sunday, September 23, 2012

School Pictures and Reunion

We went to the farm yesterday to take the kid's school pictures.  I had decided to take some of the family as well.  It was a little bright.  I don't think I got many of Leah when she was not squinting.  But here you go.  Picture overload:)


This is not the one I thought I uploaded.  OH Well...














And some fun bloopers.






We had a great time.  It will take me some time to go through the kids pictures and decided which one I am going to develop this year.  Especially with all of Leah's squinting.  And I will probably use one for our Christmas card since we got family shots.  After the picture taking we headed to Calgary for the Puzey Reunion.  Dave has not been able to go to one since Cora was only a year old.  I really don't know any of his cousins at all.  It was nice to see them and met them again.  On the way home we stopped at the mall to show Blake the Lego Store.  I wanted to take him for his birthday but it just didn't work out.  All my kids loved it.  They had so much fun building the people.  Blake was a little mad, he said I should never take him to a store that cool if I didn't plan on buying anything.  I can't believe how rude I am, mean mom!!!  It was a pleasant ride home.  Cora prepared her talk for Sunday (which was awesome, she did a great job) and Blake and Leah watched a short movie then tried to sleep.

This week we had a family fast.  When Leah asked me if I had fasted I said yes.  She said she had forgotten.  Leah decided that next week she would just fast two meals. (My kids start fasting one meal when they are 8 them we have them do both when they turn 12)  I told her of course she could if she wanted but why did she decided that?  Turns out that one was for the family fast and one for Fast Sunday.  I guess that she thought you fasted one meal for each thing you were fasting for.  I asked her what she would do if she has 10 things?  I explained it all to her again, but it made me realize that I need to make sure my kids understand the principles and the reasons.  I thought we had explained fasting, but she had heard something else.  Maybe that is why we hear the same council over and over again from all our church leaders.  If we get told enough or teach our kids enough hopefully the true principles will sink in one day.

5 comments:

  1. Great photos! I love the one of Cora doing the handstand on the haybale, and the one of you and Dave with the light going across you. Glad you were able to stop at the lego store. My boys love going there too. Was great to see you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all your photos Charmaine. Will be hard to pick a favorite from all those. Love it in the field with the bales. So nice and makes me think of my youth on the farm. It was so nice to see you , Davey and your kids. They are so polite and adorable. So happy you came all that way. I hope we get together more often. It was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the outfits you picked and everyone looks great. Sounds like a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such nice pictures, everyone looks so good! I love home done school pictures yours always look so great! It was a fun day on Saturday with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture's! I'm sad I missed Cora's talk.

    ReplyDelete