Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter Break: The Work.....

I have tried over the years to explain the joy, peace, beauty, and pure perfection that the farm I grew up on is to me.  I sincerely hope everyone feels that way about their childhood home. But I am not articulate enough to express what it means to me.  And what my family means to me.  Easter break was wonderful.

All these granddaughters get in and help all the time. It is so awesome.  They have been doing it for so long that a few time Nicole and I had no job.  The girls just took over.
They got the tramp out and helped Grandpa set it up.

When Natalie and I where younger we loved to get all dressed up in my Dad's work clothes.  The uglier the better, to work on the farm.  Isn't this one of the best looking work crews you have ever seen!??!!

Levi was already out working and missed being in the picture.

They moved a lot of wood.  Took them and hour and half.  Half hour ahead of the schedule Grandpa thought.


They where all so dirty from the charred wood.  Blake worked with Levi and Grandpa for a couple days straight.  At first he was a little complainy about it, but after he was so proud of what he could do.  He thought it was amazing how great he slept also.  I told him hard work and fresh air over a blue screen make a big difference. 

My kids loved being out there.  I walked every day with my mom.  We had some good chats. Some good food.  I love that the teenagers can just take off and go get ice cream, or whatever, if they feel like it.  It is so relaxing and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment