Monday, July 23, 2012

Heartbroken and More

A couple of months ago Blake saw this transformer and decided that he NEEDED to have it.  It was $39.99.  It is five transformers that connect together to make one big one.  Devastator or something. He has been doing lots of chores around the house and his outside chores.  The other day we counted his money and he was over half way there.  Blake was so excited.  He wanted to look it up online again so that he could see it.  We looked all over and finally found one.  They have changed it slightly and it is now between $150 and $300.  He was so upset.  Blake has been working so hard and really been good at paying tithing and saving.  I am still researching but have come up with nothing.  He really is heartbroken.  It is like the end of the world to him.

I have been wanting to watch 'Better Off Dead' for a really long time, and have not been able to find it anywhere. (Dave said that is because it is stupid)  At the library one day I was told about inter library loans.  I can go outside the Chinook Arch system and see if someone has it.  One library did.  Imagine my joy:)  Before it came in I rented one called Say Anything that also has John Cusack.  So Dave decided that we needed a John Cusack marathon.  We have watched Say Anything, American Sweethearts, Serendipity, Must Love Dogs, and then Better Off Dead (which everyone loved and decided I was right.  If we ever see it anywhere we are totally buying it).  It was also decided that Anastasia didn't count because it was only a voice.

Dave measures Cora and I a couple of times a week.  She is just barely barely shorter than me.  I was curious if her leg length was the same so I had her try on my pants.  I told her that she would be swimming in them but I just wanted to see the length.  When she put them on I started laughing.  It looked like one of those weight lose pictures, where she could fit two of her in her old pants. I thought it was hilarious.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Blake!! I understand the heartbreak. I'll keep my eyes open up here if I see anything I'll let you know. Love the picture of Cora - she is getting so grown up. Sounds like Cora and Ashton would have fun riding the rides together at Calaway. If you are ever wanting to come with us we have coupons for $15.00 each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have seen that movie but I don't remember what it is about. Is there a French girl in it? Sounds like a fun movie marathon. Love the picture of Cora. She is so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been fun to see that marathon. I like most of those. What is the one where he stands out side of the girls window with a big boom box. I have never seen all that movie all the way trough just that part looked good.

    ReplyDelete