Monday, October 27, 2014

This is How we Roll

For some odd reason, a couple weeks ago, my typing screen has gone minuscule.  But just on my blog.  I don't have great English or spelling skills as it is, but now I can barely see to even try to correct them.  As a result is it a pain to blog.  So today is many pictures and a back log of happenings.  Friday and Saturday the kids worked hard to get lots of work done.  We are trying to get cement poured before it snows. We are in a race against time.

Shoveling gravel into the basement was a very dusty job.  Blake looked like a ghost.



Blake had started working with Dave a few hours before the girls and I got out there.  We were cleaning inside first.  He was a huge help.  In the afternoon I let him take a break and play with Calum.  Unfortunately that is when we got most of the pictures.  He really did help tho.  We have shovelled so much gravel into the basement and have so much more to go.  Cora and Blake discovered that they could actually get more in the wheel barrow at the bottom by shoving it with their feet.  Then while I dumped it they would make another pile right in front of the window.


Digging holes for the cement that will hold up my porch.  Leah and Cora slide into the hole then Dave stuck the long round tubes on top of them.

Of course everyone also had to try the post hole digger.

I love Sunday's.  They are usually quiet and relaxing.  I love to sit down with my family and watch a movie.  It is our together time and I cherish it.  After church we feed the missionaries, then we started a movie while the kids did some crafts.  We didn't get to quite finish the show before we left for Auxiliary training.

Last week Blake really wanted to play football with someone.  Blake and Dave went looking for a football.  A few minutes later I looked out the window and saw this.  Not football.  It was so much fun.  We ended all playing for a little over and hour.  It started to get dark and was time for FHE.  We have never thrown a baseball around with the kids before. Volleyball, basketball and tossing football.  But never enough room for baseball.  They loved it..I love that even tho we are racing the snow, Dave took time out to play with his kids.  They will remember that.  And also because of it they were more willing to get in and help him this weekend.




2 comments:

  1. I love it when Dads play with their kids. Hope the snow holds off til you get your cement poured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blog thanks so much for taking the time to update. you and your family always are doing something fun. I a have to agree with how cool the fact is that Dave took time out to throw the ball around. That is a memory for ever. Very cute crafts. Last thing I am getting more and more excited for you guys and you house.

    ReplyDelete