Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Here at Our House

Dave surprised us all yesterday when he came home with a tree.  I didn't know when we were going to get a chance to get one.  It wasn't to cold and the tree came down right away.  So we were able to decorate it.

Cora is becoming our resident photographer.  She took more pictures then she put on decorations.  Again she does have some good ones though.


It was Leah's turn this year for the star.  They get so excited it is funny.  Such a little tradition that I have no idea how it started. Dave said it is also tradition that he lift them up, they aren't allowed to stand on a chair:)

We, along with the rest of the country apparently, have been doing the flu rounds this weekend at our house. It started with Blake, moved to Leah and yesterday it was Dave's turn.  I am hoping that with this lovely intense cold I have that my white blood cells are overactive and just fighting everything.  I guess we will see in a few more days.

Leah has had a pain in her middle right side ribs for about 6 months.  We have tried everything we can think of, bed bumps, volleyball was stretching it, underwear to tight, etc.  I finally took her to the doctor yesterday.  They took x-rays and we will see what those say.  He thinks that it is just an inflammation that has been repeatedly irritated because I never gave her any meds for it.  So she has to take 2 Advil 3x a day for a week.  That is a lot of chemicals going in my little girls body.  I hope it helps.  He also told me that after 2 1/2 years my iron levels have stayed consistently good.  I am now to try going off for 6 months and see if I can keep them up.  That was great new.  We then headed to the eye doctor where he said that he is amazed at my eye health only 3 years after Lasik.  He said it had to be the Omega 3's.  I tell you those things have a huge range of health benefits.

We are almost ready for Christmas.  Except stockings.  I feel very relaxed this year.  The kids are only getting 4 present each and they kinda correlate.  We told them we were going small this year and I am glad to say that they still feel lucky and are excited to see what everyone else opens from them.

This weekend we also had our ward Christmas party.  It was great food and a nice short program.  The next night we headed to HillSpring for the adult only Smith Christmas party.  That was a lot of fun.  Mom made us a great meal.  She did appetizers and a 3 course meal on all the china.  We then had a white elephant exchange and enjoyed each others company with no kid distraction.  I really love that we don't do gift exchange on that side anymore.  I feel we get more out of Christmas by just being together.  My friend Mandy makes earrings so I got a pair for all 4 of my sisters and my mom and gave it to them that night. (Except Kita and Kristin's, I mailed a couple weeks ago) It was a great evening.

Up next we have Christmas piano recitals and school programs.  This has turned out very long. Sorry!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear Leah hasn't been feeling well. Hope her x-rays were good and she's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologize Charmaine about a long blog. I love reading the news of your family. Love your traditions, the star on the top of the tree. I too, have one that I do with my granddaughter. When I put up the nativity, which was my mom's and dad's, Madi always gets to put the last character in place, that being baby Jesus. She has done since she was a little girl, and here she is 17. I love traditions. Your tree looks lovely.
    Have a wonderful christmas with your sweet family.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I loved the earrings!! I hope leahs doing better and I'm glad your eyes are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete