Saturday, June 18, 2016

Favorite Things

I have been wanting to have a Favorite Thing party for a long time now.  I looked back to see how long ago I pinned it, and it was four years ago.  I finally got around to it.  I thought this would be a great way to get to know the moms of my kid's friends.  I made up some invites, handed them out, and then waited for the RSVP's to come in.  Unfortunately the moms I don't know were not able to come, but the ones I already feel we are good friends could.  Once I knew exactly how many people were coming I let them all know how many things to buy.  The item you bought had to be a favorite thing under $5.  (The one on Pinterest said $10 and you only bring five.  Then draw names to see who goes home with it.  But I wanted everyone to have one.  Also my ward just did something similar were you brought and told about favorite thing, but just showed.  So there are many different ways to do it.)  Anyways, I then made up some cute bags for them to all take their stuff home in.


To the bags I added some Lindor chocolates, a notebook, small Kleenex packet, and I made some lime mint foot soak and put it in mason jars.  I love how cute and simple the bag is.  I then made some of my favorite food.  Veggie and dip, 7-layer dip, watermelon, BBQ chicken pizza, Reese peanut butter cookies, and Mel's lime mint slush.


(Pizza still in oven when picture was taken)  Of course I served the drinks in my mason jars. :)  We snacked and talked.  I had them each fill out a fun questionnaire.  Ei:  What do you think the worst job would be, If you could travel anywhere, Worst fear, Have you ever meet someone famous......  Then we pick one, read it and that person would tell us about the favorite thing they brought.  We all went home with some cool things.  I had one other game planned, but we didn't get around to it.

I did the mini tongs because they are awesome.  I have 4 pairs and use them ALL the time for everything.  I thought it turned out really great.  It was fun to be with all of them.  Such a great group of women. A few times through out the night I thought, "When we are done this I will get a picture of the group"  Totally forgot.  I was very upset when I didn't have one.  Cora asked if I needed one just to prove that I really do have friends.  Why yes, my sarcastic daughter, I certainly need prove.  And what an awesome group of friends it is.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love favourite things party's. Sounds like a really fun night. Friends are the best.

    ReplyDelete