Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas 2017

We celebrated Christmas on the 16th.  Cora had to work until midnight on the 15th.  I told her to get enough sleep, but try to be here as early as possible.  We only had a few hours with her and couldn't wait to see her.  In the morning, I checked Find Friends to see if she had left yet. It came up unavailable.  She has had some problems since her phone got wet during a fire call this summer.  I started to worry, thinking I wouldn't know where she was the whole 5 hour drive.  I know my parents did it all the time, but I don't have to.  I got up to start some bread, Cora had requested scones for lunch.  I came down stairs and saw a few presents sitting on the table.  I ran and checked Cora's bed and there she was.  She had driven straight from work and got home at 5 in the morning.  It was the best surprise ever.  We let her sleep a few more hours and then Christmas for us began.
We did only stockings and Christmas pjs for everyone except Cora.  Our trip to Mexico was our Christmas.  Cora couldn't get the time off work to come with us, so she got some gifts as well.  Also she had gotten each of us a little something.  Gifts are Cora's love language.  She loves to give them and is very good at picking out what people like.


It was a nice day.  We played some games.  Ate our scones and hot chocolate, hung out and took family pictures for our Christmas card.


About 4 Cora needed to leave.  She was headed out to her best friends mission farewell.  It was another 2 1/2 hour drive to his place. She made it safely.  We cleaned up, finished the rest of the laundry, packed and went to our Ward Christmas party.  Nice meal there.  Blake was in the nativity with some of the youth and the Primary.
Leah sang What Child Is This as she signed the chorus.  She did a great job.  We just needed to move the stand to a different spot so people could have seen her hands better.

It was a nice way to end our Christmas day.  We left as early as we could when things were finished.  We did not even stay to help clean up.  My mom would be so disappointed in me. :/  We still had a little packing to do and needed to be up at 3 am.  I am so so thankful that Cora was protected and safe as she traveled.  She had a wonderful time with Drew and his family and drove back to her house Sunday night.  I was glad to have those few short hours with her to have Christmas together and to get a picture.  Next year we will most likely be Skypeing her on her mission..

No comments:

Post a Comment