Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Idyllic

A few days ago I had an idyllic peaceful day.  I didn't do anything much different then usual.  Mostly the same things I do weekly or daily.  But it was just a reminder of how great life is.  Dave and I wanted to give our kids the country life that we both grew up with.  Hard working, room to run, garden, bikes to work on and ride, boating, etc. I was just counting my blessings and enjoying the life I get to live this day.  We woke up early.  I got the laundry washed and out on the line. (So grateful I don't have to wash by hand, but I have wanted a clotheslines since our very first house.  About a month ago, Dave surprised me with it and he and Blake got it all set up for me.  I love it everyday I get to go out and hang my clothes and send it out into the sunshine)  Dave and I then weeded the garden, which is coming along nicely.  We already have lots ready to eat.  Blake's bike wouldn't start and Dave needed the Jeep, so I had to run Blake to work.  Next Dave and I hauled a couple loads of bales.  I still love hanging out with Dave.  He is my best friend and we have so much fun doing nothing together.  I came home and started bread, took care of the laundry and made dinner and after in our daily reading we finished the Book of Mormon.
Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary, but a perfect day in the country that I want to remember.  I felt like an old fashion lovely farm wife. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment