Saturday, March 2, 2024

Baby Shower

Leah threw Cora a baby shower.  She chose a book theme.  She did things a little different than the baby showers I had been to and it was my favorite one.  She didn't want all the usual games and wanted it to be more relaxing, come and chat, interactive if you want to, low key, classy vibe.  We gathered all the kids books from our basement, plus some that Leah found at second hand stores and little libraries around town.  She went with sage green and dusty pink (had to have pink of some sort:)) for the colors and had balloons and painted some books to say BABY.  And those were the decorations.  Just simple and cute. There were just a few guessing games scattered around the room.  Predict when baby is coming, jar of treat-guess how many, how much do things cost, baby name suggestion, and then the hit of the party was coloring blocks for the future little girl to play with. Then I made a few different cookies, so Leah wouldn't have the gluten in her house and Leah did an apple cider.  She left it out for people to snack on during the whole thing.  Only thing was we forgot to ever check and refill the water.  Oops. 





Lots of people came and it was so good to see many that we haven't for a while.  Cora got some great things to help her start this journey with a kid.  And she got some great books and idea of books from people.  Weather was good, which was a surprise.  Last couple of years when my kids have a big event, marriage, farewell, etc it is either the coldest stormiest day of the year, or the hottest.  So we lucked out this time. 
The blocks were really fun.  Even after the shower was all over we had some that stayed to chat and color and it was great. 

I think Leah did a great job.  It was fun and just casual.  Just like she wanted. 

Being Crafty:  Quilted things are super trendy right now.  Quilted bags, hoodies, skirts, etc.  So I thought the other day, what about a quilted tie.  I started with fabric I had in the house and made the pink and green one first.  But when done, it wasn't quite working for me.  Leah suggested that my colors weren't working, so I tired with black and white that I had.  I like it much better, but not how it ended up being straight lined up.  Third try was a blue and tan one.  I did have to purchase a bit of tan material, but in the end I LOVED it.  I seriously think it is so cool.

Dave wore it to church for me and I was actually disappointed that no one said anything.  Finally at the end of choir as we were walking out one person said something.  It made my day. :)  Honestly maybe others didn't love it as much as I do, but also it seems no one ever compliments people on their ties.  Girls get compliments on dresses all the time.  I always tell guys when they have a cool tie.  That is all they get to change people, next time you see a cool tie, tell the dude.  Anyways, I digress.  I really want to make a quilted peasant skirt as well.  That will be my next project. 


Blake:  This kid has been out almost 6 months.  It seems so long and has gone by so fast.  I miss him.  His letters make me laugh.  He tells it like it is.  It is a hard mission.  It is hot and dirty, they cook over fires.  They lose either electricity or have no water often.  And he just rolls with it.  He says it feels like home and he is loving the people.  They have so many that want to hear the gospel.  He likes his companion and has found a cousin he didn't know in the mission that he also gets along with.  They are in the same zone.  A few weeks ago they won a chicken for having the cleanest apartment in the mission. 



He got a steal of a deal on a guitar and has been playing.

These poor shoes get so dusty and dirty.  He gives them a clean every night.

The kids love the elders and always run up to them and talk with them.


1 comment:

  1. Leah did a great job with Cora's shower. It was awesome! Cora got some great gifts. So excited to meet her little one soon. You did an awesome job on the ties. Looked great on Dave. Lalainia

    ReplyDelete