Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February Update

This is more of a photo dump since we have had lots going on and I'm sure I will miss some, but here is a bit of what we have been doing.  I finally caved and got a dish washer.  The local furniture store was having a sale so we went and looked and it has been wonderful.  It is very quiet and we are loving having a dishwasher again. So spoiled now days. 
I had used these little containers to hold flowers for Leah's centerpieces.  I really wish I would have gotten a few pictures of the dinner. I thought bite size cheesecakes would be fun.  One day when Blake and Dave were skiing I made chocolate orange, key lime, and Oreo, then hid them in the fridge for Sunday dinner.  They were a hit.

Cora's SIL had a little girl and Ammon sent us this cute picture of her with her new niece. 

A&C have been able to make it to a few of Blake's games.  I love that even though they are 5 hrs away they try to make it to all that they can.  Ammon got right in and knew all the players and was cheering them all on.  For the rare moments that these two sit, Cora got a picture of them.  The best of friends.

Blakes home tournament was a few weeks ago.  A&C had been working slightly closer to our place and came to stay for the whole thing.  B&L also made it to a game on the Saturday.  All the games were so good and it was so fun to have everyone there.  Blake had a big cheering section and I loved sitting with all my kids, doing something we love. 

Leah had needed to get some things from Ikea for their house.  Blake and I were going to Calgary for his TST and Hep A shot. Leah came the night before and we left right after seminary.  It was a good time.  Blake got his test and we went shopping.  After B&L's wedding we had gone to get something to eat and found the Lindt store.  I was very excited.  It closed 3 mins before we got there.  I was very sad.  So when I was in the area again, you better believe we stopped. 

We got 44 Lindor's and then had a taste test at home to choose our favorites.  It did take us a few days to get through them.  That is a lot of chocolate.  All delicious and it was fun. 

On the way down to the wedding, A&C saw a dead owl on the side of the road.  They turned around and got it to give to Braydon as a wedding present.  During Blake's tournament they finally got a chance to give it to him.  Braydon loves dead things, bone and skull, it is a hobby of his.  Leah is freaked out by them.  We knew this was going to be very fun to record their reactions.  Cora made a video for me and it did not disappoint.  I have watched it some many time and it makes me laugh every time. Look at those opposite reactions!

Blake had a good family week break from school.  He had Avery and Gilbert over to shoot guns and use the Tanerite.  They had a great time and got some good blow ups.  Dave has had lots of new projects that will be starting at work that he is involved in.  I have been working lots, filling in for people.  I didn't enjoy being away so much. March should go back to normal.  Basketball is almost over.  I am sad about that.  Last season.   I'm really going to miss watching my kids play. Blake has had lots of support this year from family that have come to watch and I have enjoyed sitting with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment