Monday, February 6, 2023

Braydon and Leah Barrett

Leah and Braydon were sealed in the Calgary Temple Jan 28, 2023.  It was a wonderful day and Leah was a beautiful bride. 
A few days before the wedding, Myrna threw a bridal shower for Leah.  It was a nice evening and she got many lovely things.  We had moved them down the weekend before. So Thursday and Friday Leah spent at their new place and was getting thing organized and cleaned.  Wednesday, us girls had gone to town to get the last of the food for the wedding. Friday Cora, Ammon, and Dave went to watch Blake play basketball.  I went and picked up the flowers then when Leah got here we started food prep. 
In the end we decided to serve chili over baked potatoes and salad.  I had most of the stuff in food storage already, so it was going to be an easy meal that even Braydon could eat. It had started snowing and the roads were getting icier Friday.  We were a little nervous about the roads the next morning and so many people travelling. Leah got up around 3:30 Saturday morning.  She had left herself extra time in case she had a panic attack that morning, but getting ready she was calm and excited.  The rest of us got up between 4 and 5 and got ready and the cars loaded up. We drove very carefully to Calgary. When we got there we unloaded all the things needed and I started giving assignments to my sisters and brother, Cora, Ammon, Blake and my parents. Everyone just jumped in and got done what was needed so fast, we had extra time. Since they were not having a reception, I did just a few decoration for the gym.  I got pictures of them together over the last year and some simple flowers that Natalie arranged for us. Everything was ready to go.  Leah got changed, in walked Braydon and his dad.  I thought it was hilarious that Leah had gotten up so early and gotten ready and Braydon walked in with a ball cap and sweater.  Boys! Ammon told me it was cause Braydon was more righteous then I was in the pre-existence. :) Just as I was finishing to change I could hear Dave outside talking to Leah and guiding her to where I was.  I knew the panic attack had come.  We just sat on the floor and I held her tight and talked.  It was a pretty short one as far as hers usually go.  She was still a little shaky, but ready to walk over to the temple.  Braydon just took her and helped her all the way.  He is so good to her, has helped her through many attacks and is gentle and kind.  I had a hard time keeping up carrying her dress and bags as I followed them to the temple.  They were both so excited to get married. It was a a beautiful ceremony.  It was so nice that so many could be there. After we got her in her dress, flowers were brought over and out of the temple the came.



It was so so cold.  Natalie Toone was right there ready to get pictures.  She did an amazing job.  These few sneaks she sent, I am so impressed with what she was able to do inside a church building.  Braydon and Leah decided it was too cold to go to Canmore, so just a few temple photos and family photos and then they will go to Waterton later with Natalie. She found great light and they are wonderful pictures. We ate and got to know each other and got called in and out for pictures.

Braydon did very well and even smiled in all the pictures.  He is not a big fan of pictures. I had a lot of compliments on how well my family worked together.  It was great.  It is what we do.  It went so fast and smooth with all their help.  Couldn't have done it with out them all.  Thank you, thank you so much.  As I was in and out getting things done, I knew I never once had to worry.  
Cora had wanted to set up a surprise for Leah.  Leah had always wanted a first dance with her husband.  It was the only thing she had missed about not having a reception.  Cora set up a corner of a room with lights and music and then had them come in when everyone was gone and had their dance.  It went off beautifully.  Leah even started crying a little when Cora was explaining what she did. It was such a sweet sister moment.  I think she loved it. Natalie got a few pictures then we left them alone for the dance. 
A few more cold pictures outside, a quick change and pack up and the newlyweds headed off on their honeymoon. 
They are so good together.  There was so much light and joy on their faces. It was a wonderful wedding and we are so happy to have Braydon join us for eternity.
Congratulation Braydon and Leah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment