Monday, January 9, 2023

Alumni

Dave played in the alumni tournament this year.  It was fun to watch him play.  Blake was asked to ref a few games, he still really does not enjoy it, and to score keep, that he doesn't mind as much. The old guys won the tournament. 
That night was our ward Christmas party.  It was nice to get together and celebrate the season.  We made Blake sit on Santa's lap.  Every kid and that the missionaries got to visit Santa.  The nativity went well again.  Short program was great. 

Sunday Ammon and Cora came to stay.  They had a project in the area.  We thought a few more of the crew were going to be staying with us for the week.  Monday Braydon came, but the rest stayed in town.  Blake was supposed to have a game that Monday night.  Cora has really wanted to watch him and they were going to take a break on the project and bring the whole crew.  I was excited to have a little posse cheering Blake on.  The weather was very cold and the game was postponed.  We were all a little disappointed.  That lead to a week of most days being cancelled because of the cold.  -35ish most days. Blake went a few days to do a test and then would come home as there were only 5 people at school. Therefore he got an early Christmas break.  He didn't mind that at all. Cora and I went grocery shopping Wednesday and picked up the keys for Leah and Braydon's new place for them. Braydon went back up to get Leah on Wednesday and they got back here Friday afternoon.   Christmas break was ready to begin. 

Side story: I went grocery shopping a few weeks back.  I had bought a new mascara along with everything else.  As we seem to way to frequently lately, after I talking with Dave and saying how astonished I am at how fast prices are rising.  I was telling him that it cost me $170 that day.  He seemed surprised but just said that if it worked for me that is great.  I was a confused and asked if what worked.  He said he hoped my new mascara worked.  I realized that he had only listened to part and had thought I said I spent $170 on new mascara.  I was laughing and explained what I had actually said, but as I was laughing I thought about what a great man I had married.  And that incident just proved it again. Of course it would be ridicules to spend that much on one product, but he didn't say one word of complaint, he just supported me and if I thought it was necessary, then he would roll with it.  It is how he does all things.  Dave supports me in all my decision and thing that I want to do.  Encourages and helps.  He is a wonderful person and I love him tons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment