Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easter 2022

For Easter we travelled up to see the girls.  We had decided to make a weekend of it, but then remember that Blake and Dave needed to be back to sing in the choir Sunday.  At least we had two days, better than our usual day trips.  Ammon and Cora are doing some repairs for Ammon's parents in the upstairs part of the house and looking for renters.  As it was empty at the moment, Cora said we could stay there.  We greatly appreciated this.  It was nice to not have to get a hotel and be close to them.  We got up early Friday so we could be there in time for lunch.  The girls had some restaurants they wanted us to try.  We stopped in at Leah's first.  Blake had not seen her place yet.  We met her new fish and saw her place.  I still haven't met one of her room mates, which I was hoping to, but they were all still sleeping when we arrived.  We then headed to Cora's and waited for Leah to meet us there.  She was going to come with us but went and picked up her friend first. Next was off to stEATS.  It was very good.  An excellent recommendation. 
It was not a far drive to the Aviation Museum after lunch. We parked by the grocery store and walked the rest of the way.


Many cool planes and we had a tour with some good information.  Blake had fun trying the flight simulator.

With the tour guide we were able to go into the restoration area and outside to see a lot more things.  It was pretty neat. 



After, Ammon and Cora were very excited to take us up the old airport tower.  It was only a block or so and so we walked over.  It was a bit chilly, I should have brought a coat, but a nice walk.  Sadly when we got there it was all fenced off and locked up with trespassing signs.  Hahah so I guess they were not supposed to there the first time. 

After that we walked to the store and got a few things Cora needed to make us curry for dinner.
We went back to their house and got settled in.  I had brought everyone their Easter baskets and Leah's birthday presents.  I thought it would be really fun for Blake to walk in the house when we got home and see his basket.  To pretend the Easter Bunny had come while we were away, even though he helped me buy the treats.  But as I gave the other kids their basket, Blake was disappointed to not have his.  In hindsight I should have brought his up, but I obviously didn't think it through.  He was very excited to get his when he got home.  Leah opened her presents and we just hung out for a while and then helped Cora cook dinner. 


It was so very good.  Cora takes a long time to cook, but she sure a can cook.  I had gotten a surprise DQ cake for Leah.  Cora picked it up and hid it for me.  Ammon did an excellent job of sneaking it into the house with out Leah seeing anything.  After dinner we were all tired, we made a plan for the next day and went to bed. 
Saturday Dave had asked the girls to help him get some shirts for his business trip. Off to the mall we went. We were successful in finding two.  Which is great for us. :)


Then Galaxyland.  I figured it would be packed since it was Easter, but holy man! I was glad I had bought tickets online ahead of time.  Saved us an hour in the ticket line at least.  Most rides had an hour wait line for more. Blake said we always had to start with Space Shot, so off they went. 





Usually they get in line and I wait at the bottom then meet up with them after.  But the boys were insistent I go through the line with them, then just walk down before getting on.  I was glad I did.  Lines were so long, I would have barely seen them.  It was fun to chat in line. 










Much fun was had.  Ammon and Cora had their adult session of stake conference Saturday night and we still had to drive home.  We left Galaxyland at 5 and drove to South Commons to try Jerusalem Shawarma. Another excellent recommendation from Cora. We had great food and put off leaving, but we did all have things we needed to attend. 

These two are so cute.  They are like little kids and have so much fun.  Yet can be serious when needed.  I am so happy Cora found someone so great.  Ammon likes to tease us all, but it is fun.  We were sad to leave.  It was so great to spend time together and get all the kids in the same place.  I sure love my family.  As they grow older and on with their own lives, these moments are more precious, and I am thankful for every second of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment