Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Clinton RIP

Fun weekend had by all.  Blake had an FSY Pep Rally Stake activity Friday night.  He was asked to give a 30 min talk on his sisters' experience at EFY and how it has made him excited to attend FSY this summer.  He was not thrilled about the 30 min talk time and really tried to make it a long talk.  I think he ended up with 12 mins.  But he did a great job.  It was funny and serious and had good points about how FSY literally stood for Strengthening the Youth.  They had lots of games and activities.  The YM made a picnic basket and the YW bid on it.  Then they had a dance.  It was fun for him but he was very ready for bed that night. 
Also Friday Cora text us in the morning and said they might be stopping by on the way to pick up a table saw. They ended up staying all weekend and it was awesome.  We enjoyed conference together. Which was amazing again.  Man I love General Conference.  All the messages were so good.  During the Women's Session Saturday night, the boys went to pick up the saw and eat at DQ.  I loved being with just Cora and talking with her.  We did a bit of a work out.  She went hard core, I did a little and got tips from her.  Cora felt bad that they always just randomly show up, but I said I love it.  She will be gone soon for a few months and who knows how long till they are back.  I will take all the drop ins I can. And she always brings the best fruit when she comes. So bonus.

Look at these two cute kids and their curly hair.  I love having them come.

Blake loves challenging Cora to an arm wrestling every time she comes. 

Leah turned 20 yesterday. She said it was a great day. Work was great, she had institute last night and watched a movie and had pizza with friends. We are going to celebrate a bit more when we go up for Easter.  She is such a fun person to be around.  Her smile and joy is contagious.  I miss having her around, but she has adulted well and is making great choices. 

Leah got a fish a few weeks ago.  She named him Clinton.  She was so excited about this fish.  Leah would randomly give us updates on his swimming and enjoyment in his fishbowl.  It was actually pretty funny, but we loved how much she was enjoying this fish. Sadly Clinton died last week.  Cora wrote the funnies eulogy ever. 

Fish don't ride bicycles, they don't climb trees.  
But Clinton didn't need legs to be special to me.

There his house sat on the table of blue, and by adding that extra house.
My own became a home. 

His favorite pastime was swimming, not surprising for a fish,
but he was a natural! 

His quick splashes to welcome me home, his slow wonderings watching 
over me in the late of night

So small he was indeed, but so colorful as to make a scene.
His heart was small in size but large in depth.

I could tell him about my life in the air as he swam in the sea.
Our lives so different but connected by fate.
I told him my hopes, my dreams.  He was always there for me.
For two weeks of wonder.

Fish is as fish does.  Water to water.  Flush to flush.
Godspeed old boy.  Rest well Clinton.
Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment