Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Week after Christmas

26th we headed out to my parents.  It was a bittersweet Boxing Day as we knew it was the last day we would spend on the farm.  We did the traditional Mexican feast.  As every year, it was amazing. Leah had a friend from B.C. close by that she had not seen since trek. She took Levi with her and they went to see him briefly before lunch. The kids played games, we sat and chatted, and then we loaded up a few things and drove to see my parents new place.

27th we took the kids skiing.  Dave and I had hummed and hawed about this for a few weeks.  We really did not have the money for it this year.  Cora desperately wanted to go one last time before her mission.  She knew the situation and didn't push it.  Myrna then gave us some money for Christmas and with this bit of help we decided that we would be able to swing one ski day this year.  The kids were so excited.

Leah's knees were bugging her and she had practice that night, so she decided to only do half day.  It was nice to have some company in the lodge for a while.

Love this top of the mountain shot.

28th and 29th was the Puzey Christmas get together.  We had clam chowder for supper.  I remember when I first got married this was the Puzey Christmas Eve tradition.  But I haven't had it for years. We then just hung out again.  Apparently my kids were super social with their cousins. :/

I had mentioned to Dave on the way over that I really wanted a tallest to smallest picture and an oldest to youngest picture.  So as dinner was being prepared, I gathered the kids and lined them up.  They were all so patient as I got my pictures.

I thought it would be funny since Cora is the oldest and shortest of our kids.  Ashton was obviously the tallest, but we had to measure Leah, Blake and Emry (they were exactly the same) and then Calum and Liam it was very close.

Saturday afternoon we had a lovely turkey dinner.  Cora's friends showed up just as we were about to eat, which panicked me a bit since we had not planned on seeing them until later.  But is was ok and we had enough food.  After Rachel told us about a game that her in-laws play to do dishes, called 99.  It was a great idea.  I think a new tradition has been born or the Puzey side as well.  Cora's friends helped some with dishes, then we sent them back to our house.  We stayed and played some fun games Rachel had put together, then also went back to get ready for Cora's farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment