Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Cora's Farewell and New Year's Eve

Cora's boys came down for her farewell. They are nice kids and is was fun to met them.
Austin, Cora, Jonas and Scott.
I had gotten back a little later than I thought I would from the Puzey Christmas and still had lots to do to get ready for her dinner.  I started quickly making cornbread, as we fed everyone a snack.  I wasn't happy how it turned out and the next morning got up early to make more.  Blake was assigned a youth talk and Cora and Leah sang.  Leah had wanted to sing 'Come Unto Christ'  It is a beautiful song.  It is the youth 2014 theme song.  Lalainia wrote in an alto part and played for the girls.  Cora nailed it with her talk.  We thought she did so good.

It snowed and was very icy and blowing when we woke up Sunday morning.  We started getting lots of calls and text saying people would not be able to make it due to weather.  Some friends and my family braved the weather anyways. 

After we had a simple dinner and then came back to the house.  Toone's and the boys came back and hung out for a couple hours and then everyone went home.

New Years Eve we took down Christmas, cleaned up the house, did laundry and got ready to go to the stake center to get Cora set apart.  She was given a very nice blessing.


After her setting apart, and back home, we had dinner, went through the new Come Follow Me for Families and played Uno and Dutch Blitz.  Dave even played with us.  We then dumped out our jar and read the papers.  It was grand time to go through them all and reminisce about each one.  It was fun to see that some things several of us had written about.  And we loved discovering papers from friends that had visited us over the year.


Everyone decided that they wanted to do the jar again.  My cousin Kathrine asked about the jar and said she thought she would type them up and put in a book each year.  I thought this was brilliant and I wish I would have done that before we threw them out.  I will be doing that next time.  We played some more games then toasted in the New Year at 10.  The kids and I stayed up till 11:45 then decided we were to tired to wait any longer.  Haha, so close. 
Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment