Friday, August 25, 2017

Leah's Patriarchal Blessing

A few years ago, Leah had decided that she wanted to get her blessing just before high school.  When it happened that she was going to trek and EFY the same summer she thought that it would help to be the perfect time.  She felt she would be on a spiritual high from those experiences and it would be good timing for her blessing.  While she was at EFY, Leah had one of her friends invite her to a party.  In our family we have stayed away from high school parties, because it is always a big drinking party.  On the way home, Leah mentioned that she had been invited and had told them that she would not be going, but thanks for the invite and she hoped they had a good time.  Leah did not even ask us about the party.  She made a decision on her own.  A lot more went into the conversation with her friend, but it doesn't matter and in the end she understood.  So as Leah is telling me this, I reminded her that she would not have been able to go anyways.  That was the night she had an appointment for her blessing.  Leah got very emotional, broke down crying and said to me, "So Monday, at 7 as they are lighting the fire, as they are all arriving at ______'s house, I will be sitting down at the stake patriarch's and getting revelation from my Heavenly Father.  Revelation that will guide my life.  This is were my life splints from the decisions of my friends.  How telling Monday at 7 will be"  I have to admit, I got a little teary myself as she was saying all this.  I was very proud of her.  It was a beautiful blessing, with lots of things she needed to hear and help she will need.  I love this crazy, fun girl.  She has a lot going for her and is a true blessing to us.  I can't wait to see her future friends and family and to watch her fulfill the wonderful things from her blessings.  Leah is a cherished daughter of God and has no problem standing up for what she knows is right.  I hope that strength never leaves her.  She is going to need it.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a great tribute to you Charmaine and Davey for the kind of parents you are. You have taught your children well and what a blessing to see their decisions and how they are preparing for their future. Happy for Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! How wise she is for someone so young. So proud of her. Lalainia

    ReplyDelete