July 1st was the day we move cows. Hatch's came out to help us. Jane was very excited to 'see cows' again. We only had one of our 4wheelers working. Dave took off on that as the rest of us were spread out in the field on foot. I had Rhoda and Cora had Jane. At one point there was a calf trying to escape another way. I ran through the field holding her as we got the the cut off point before the calf and got it headed in the right direction. With so many of us there getting them in the gate was not to bad this time.
We then played some pickleball in our shop and had Sloppy Joes for lunch.
The next night we met up with them again and Blake and Natalia for Shakespeare in the Park. (Leah and Braydon were camping with friends.) A good time as always.
Dave and I went back to town the next night again for some shopping and to have a date night. We drove by the temple site and saw Blake's house.
Saturday was out town's 115th celebration. We went to the parade, show and shine, and helped with some pioneer games at the church.
The next weekend Dave had a big service project he wanted to do. It ended up being a 2 full day thing and again Cora and Ammon came out to help. It was much to hot, but we manage. I was very thankful Ammon had come as he can cut and measure better than I and it went faster with him there. But we got it done.
I got to help with making 35 dozen cookies for the temple site workers. A different stake take a week at at time until the temple is done. They have a devotional for all that want to join every Tuesday. I was pleased when the RS pres text and asked me to help. I had heard we were doing this last year, but didn't get the opportunity to help. I was told my part was 5 dozen and they needed to be wrapped in bags and labeled. I made mine as pretty as I could.
One night Blake and Natalia came out to get some camping gear. Leah had borrowed it for her camping trip, so Blake picked up most of it from her and then came and got the rest. On the way back to his place they passed a broken down truck and rv about 12 mins from us. He said he really just felt like he needed to stop. He called us and came back for parts, then we ended up going out with a few that they forgot. Dave and I were watching The Chosen and he said, "We can watch a movie about Christ or we can go be Christlike" Off we went. They were a nice couple taking their son down to national rodeo finals in Nebraska. The next night B&N got a very late start to their trip and ended up at the campsite at 4am. They said everything that could go wrong did. Broke windows, broken bikes, late start, but they had a blast.
I worked a Friday and when I got home I found this on the counter. It definitely looked like a chore/reward system Dave had set up for himself. I thought it was hilarious.
The youth in our ward were doing a hike and Dave asked if I wanted to go. They were hiking Lille, which we did last year. The girls had also planned on hiking that day in a different spot, but decided to come with us instead.
Dave found a road that we could take that cut off about 3 km from the hike and most of the inclines. It was again a very hot day. It has been a very hot July. Cora and Ammon brought carriers for the girls. Jane hiked most of the way up. She was very excited and kept sayin how 'we going hiking'. Dave gave the youth some things to look for on the way and they took off. I have no idea if they even stopped to look at things, but we meander on the way and were way behind. It was fun and we all survived another hike with out seeing any bears. Always my goal.
The last week of July the kids all came to hang out and it was so much fun. More on that later.....
No comments:
Post a Comment