Friday, November 18, 2022

Full Week

Halloween this year, Blake went with a group of friends trick or treating.  They all went as pirates.  It was a grand time.  It was 2 days later that he finally got to do the traditional candy dump and sort.
Just had to much going on.

We took Blake to Bryan Adams as an early Christmas gift.  Ammon and Cora had seen him on tour in Montreal and told us it was coming our way.  We got tickets and surprised Blake.  I hadn't planned on going.  It was too much money to buy 3 tickets, but Dave convinced me.  At that point there were no more seats by them, so I sat way up in a balcony by my self.  Halfway thro, Dave text me and said there were empty seats by them and no one had come.  I snuck down and enjoyed the rest of the concert with them.  It was really well done.  Always enjoy Bryan Adams.  I love how he took requests as part of the show from the audience.


Ammon and Cora flew back from Montreal and a couple days later Braydon made it back.  Everyone was finally back in Alberta Thursday.  Ammon and Cora drove down here Thursday night and Braydon and Leah came Friday by noon.  As soon as they got here, Dave took all the boys and went to do a move for a lady.  He kept telling them all that only Blake didn't have a choice in coming, and Braydon had literally just walked in the door, but he really enjoyed showing up with all the boys.  I think he was a little proud of his pose. :)  When they got back they all got in and helped with the shop.  It was cold and dark.  They were all great sports.  I sure at some point that Ammon and Braydon will stop coming, as we always put them to work. :/

Leah, Cora and I went wedding dress shopping.  I had no thought that we would actually find a dress.  I just knew we needed to start the process at some point.  But we DID!  And it is beautiful.  Seriously you could just see it on her face that this was the dress.  I always thought that was a myth.  But you could absolutely tell.  It was fun to be with my girls and finding a dress.  Cora did an amazing job of documenting all the action.  
There were dresses we didn't personally love.  Sure they are great for someone. 


Leah very grateful for her dress as we went a little over budget.


When we got home, Cora and I went out to help the boys.  I was told they were starving, so I came back in and Leah and I got the tacos ready.
Saturday we got up early to make it to the temple.  Blake drove down with us so he could at least hang out on the drive. Then went to the Gs and did homework.  Leah had been wanting to take out her endownments for months, but wanted to wait until Cora was back. It was a beautiful day.  Almost all of her aunts and uncles were there, all grandparents and Levi.  So many people came to be with her on this special day and she really appreciated them all coming and driving so early. 



Look at my cute family.  It was such a neat experience to be there all together and I got to sit with my 2 girls.  Very special.  Leah has a tendency to talk through movies, she had a few questions during the session, and after we were teasing her that she even talked through the temple 'movie'.  
After the temple, we had a snack and then Cora and the boys dressed up warm again and went back out and finished getting all the posts in for the shop.  Then Dave, Ammon and Braydon went back out again to clean the garage so I could park back inside again. We ate late but it was good.
Sunday right after church Braydon and Leah left to get back to Braydon's house.  They were having dinner with his family.  They had not seen the two of them together since they got engaged.  Ammon and Cora hung out with us for a few more day.  Blake had no school Monday.  We went for a walk and didn't do much. Cora made an excellent dinner.  Tuesday Cora thought it would be hilarious to decorate my house for Christmas while I was at work.  I was very surprised when I walked in.  It was so early.  They both thought it so funny.  I am grateful I don't have to carry boxes and set up, but seriously, so early.  And as Cora said, it's was a great prank because it is not like I am going to take it down and put it back up in 3 weeks.  Although tempted.  I am thinking, can I undecorate December 12th then?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment