Wednesday, January 12, 2022

First Life Update of 2022 :)

Dave and Blake finally got a ski day.  Dave missed getting the WOW card so it's more difficult to go.  He has decided to to take Blake to other hills this year.  And we are really hoping to get to Banff area to ski with Cora and Leah. It was a good day.  Blake said it was like skiing on a cloud.  They had a lot of fresh snow and it had warmed up some.  
They had a fun day together.  I had sent them some left over chicken pot pie, apparently there are not microwaves there any more.  Blake is not a fan of pot pie anyways and then he had to eat it cold.  I felt bad.  I will know better for next time. Fingers crossed for many more ski days.

Blake is back in school.  I have tried to avoid the Covid issue mostly in my blog the last two years.  I was tired of hearing about it and discussing it and dealing with it.  But as I have been going through my ancestor journals and things, I realize that it is important and a fact of life.  So I suppose my posterity will want to know. :?  So......... Covid is annoying, I am tired of wearing a mask every time I go shopping, and wondering if Blake can still play basketball from day to day.  I feel less sociable at church, cause I don't like talking through a mask. I wish we could just treat it like a flu and open everything up and  just be normal again. Ugh!!

A few years ago I thought it would be fun to have a Grilled Cheese food truck.  I started testing all types of different sandwiches on my family.  Philly cheese steak, Pizza, Apple Pie, and many many more.  I had pages of sandwich ideas and names for my truck.  One of my favorite was Goat Cheese and Raspberry.  I made some again for Blake the other day and he loved it again.  It was so good.


Dave's birthday was very quiet.  We had Myrna over for dinner Sunday.  Just pot roast and birthday cake.  Yesterday Blake had YM's and we were not home together long.  We checked cows and watched a sitcom.  When Blake got back, scripture reading and bed. Happy 50th to him.  He didn't want fan fare and it was nice to be home and warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment