Monday, July 2, 2018

🇨🇦 Canada Day 🇨🇦

It was a very different Canada Day for us this year.  We didn't get out to my parents as we always do.  Things just didn't work out this year.  I really missed my little 8 minute parade and the beef and beans.  Also it was on a Sunday this year.  Where I grew up the celebration is always moved to the Saturday, here where I live it wasn't.  We tried to do a few things that we felt were still Sabbath appropriate to celebrate.  Dave hung up a flag for us.
We wore our red and white to church.  Leah had to work, but she dressed patriotic as well.


I love singing all 4 verses of O Canada in church.  I wish we did more often.  Jared and Amber had invited us for burgers at their camp site after church.  Dave had a few things to finish up, then we walked through the show and shine before going to eat.  The burgers were delicious.  I tried making the same Jell-O that probably everyone in Canada did yesterday.  :)  I am not artistic at all, but it was good enough you could tell what I was going for.

We stayed for a little while after eating, went for a walk, and then left in time to make sure we were home when Leah got home.  As we got to the top of the hill and got cell service back I saw I had a message from Leah.  She was home early and wanted to know if she should come to the campground.  Too bad I didn't have service.  We got home and played some games, read, read scriptures, and watched a movie.  After we went back into town to watch the fireworks.  I really enjoy fireworks.

It turned out to be a nice day, just very different from our usual.  And I missed our tradition.  Next year!!  I am so thankful to live in this country.  We are a great nation.  Cora had fun with her friends.  They had a ward potluck.  Actually a different ward but in YSA they ward hop for potlucks all the time.  She then walked to the fireworks and after went to a few different houses and played games until 4 in the morning. She was extremely tired when I called to chat this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment