Saturday, May 26, 2018

Soccer plus

I have been trying to sit down and blog about Blake's soccer for a few weeks now and time is just flying.  And now I find myself behind, so I am just giving a quick update on things going on.  
Blake is really loving being back in soccer this spring.  This year he has a lot of his friends on his team and is enjoying being with them.  He is keeper again and does an excellent job.  It still makes me a bit nervous, just in case others get angry at him but they don't.  His teammates are mostly really good as a team and play well together.  Dave says he is actually nervous when Blake is NOT keeper.  



A few weeks ago, Cora was able to get enough time off work to travel to Idaho with Grandpa and Grandma Smith for Justin's farewell.  We were very thankful to them for taking her.  We were a little sad as my entire family was together except Dave, Leah, Blake and I.  It has been to many year since we were all in one place together.  Cora had a blast.  She absolutely loves her cousins and looks forward each year to the week they get to spend together.  Here are the triplets.  Justin is going to Belgium/Netherlands, Kailey is going to Chile, and Cora's papers are almost ready to submit.

It was a weekend of making memories as they have 2 years till they will see each other again.

On her way back through we was able to spend one day with her.  We had the other kids skip their YM/YW and soccer so we could spend some time as a family.  It was a perfect evening.

We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the rabbits and gophers had not eaten all our trees.  We had quite a few out there.  We have been busy building cages to make sure that the wildlife do not finish what they started.



Blake had his track meet this week.  He is going to zones for triple jump.  Although he keeps telling me that it is not an accomplishment because no one was very good and only 5 people were in it.  I think he is still excited to go.  I was busy running javelin and didn't get to watch any of his events except the relay.  They placed second. (Again I think there was only 2 teams.)

We have had some hot hot days already.  I think we skipped spring.  And crazy but we went from flood to drought in like 2 days.  Leah has started work and says it is fantastic.  She really enjoys it.  We have had a lot of car trouble lately.  Every one of our cars has something wrong with it.  We are down to almost one car, which is difficult in the country with Dave's long hours, Leah's work, and Blake's sports.  Dave is trying to figure out the problems and fix them when he has time.  Last week we needed groceries and a few things that I needed to get instead of just sending a list with Dave as usual.  Leah did not have seminary or school.  So I went to work with Dave at 4:30 in the morning, dropped him off, and went to a park to take a nap.  Then walked around, talked to my mom and Cora for a while, ran into Rachel and then ate my picnic lunch.  I then got groceries and read for a bit and went to pick up Dave. We got home at 6 p.m..  Leah got Blake up, made him breakfast and got him on the bus.  Let me know he got home and made dinner.  Then I ran Blake up to soccer practice. It was a long day, not as bad as I had thought, wouldn't want to do it often, but we are doing what we can. Just shake my head. Now we just pray that Dave can figure out what needs to be done and we can find parts fairly cheap.  Good luck to us on that one. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Love hearing what your family is up too. I hope the vehicle troubles are resolved soon. We were a one vehicle family for 6 months last year and it was so hard. Good luck! Lalainia

    ReplyDelete