Autumn has always been my favorite season. This year Spring was so lovely. It was beautiful weather, we had some rain, the bugs are not out yet and I started to think maybe I was changing my mind. I felt a little like I was betraying myself. But after the incredible heat we had in August and as things start to cool down again I am thinking, no Spring is lovely but Autumn has my heart.
We did have a few fun adventures this month. Avery got back from his mission at the end of July and Dave and I went to his fireside the first Sunday in August. He did a great job. Loved seeing all the pictures and hearing the stories. On the way home we came across a couple carrying a blown up dingy. It was windy and starting to get a bit chilly in the evening. Then I noticed they did not have shoes on. We turned back around and offered them a ride. They had walked almost a mile and had another mile to go. Those poor feet. When we got home, Hatch's were still here. It was so fun to have a chat with them after the busy week and get filled in on some things in their life. The rest of the week was just much laundry and cleaning back up from all the fun we had.
The following Sunday I headed back to listen to Avery's talk in church. All the kids came as well. Dave had meetings he couldn't skip. Again great job. I helped get things organized in the kitchen for the lunch after.
We didn't do anything special for Blake's birthday. Happy Birthday to him! What a great kid I have.
Puzey girls went to see Tuck Everlasting. The Theater did a great job, as they always do. It was fun that Cora and Leah were able to come this year. Leah has been to a few, but Cora has always been away. Natalia was with her family celebrating her mom's birthday. Hopefully next year they can all come. On the weekend we had dinner at Myrna's. Jason did some fabulous ribs. Blake has been working on a desk for their house with some wood that he got free from work. He was out that Saturday and had lunch and ice cream with us.
We got rodeo tickets for Whoop-Up days from Southland. There were a lot of events we got to see. It was very good.
Then the Pig Roast. Ammon's parents do a huge pig roast every year. He has asked us to come since they got married and this year we finally did. They have a beautiful spot up there. We have been outfitting our Tahoe in prep to drive to Alaska hopefully next year and thought this would be a good time to test out how it works so far. Blake and Natalia came as well and they set up a tent near us. It was such a fun weekend. Company was great, our Tahoe worked pretty good. A few things we need to add or change. It was a good trail run. Probably will need to do a couple more before we tackle the Alaska highway. I didn't have my phone with my all weekend and so I have no pictures. It was SO hot and humid up there. I was sweating and felt gross most of the time. But despite it all it was fun to see where Ammon grew up and some of the projects they have there. We got there Friday evening. Saturday we walked around and just hung out, helped set up chairs and stuff. Then time to pull the pig out. It was a 300lb pig that they smoke for 24hrs or so. People from the branch and community come. I ran into an friend I haven't seen since high school and it was so great to talk with her. The whole weekend was wonderful. We will definitely go again some time.
At the end of the month, Dave did another hike with the youth. Junction Creek this time. Another of my favorites. Easy and pretty. The kids were going to come but were not able to. We hiked in, jumped, hiked out, saw no bears, had no injuries, was a grand success. :)
On the way to the hike Blake called and invited us to Sunday dinner the next day. They did fried chicken, which was excellent, and we all brought sides. I can never say enough how fun it is to be with our kids. After we left I said to Dave how awesome it was that all our kids are great cooks, great hosts, love being together, love planning for get togethers, and are just fun to be with. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment